Gluten Free Stroopwafels, Dutch Waffle Cookies with Syrup Filling In The Center | Snack for Office, Convenient Grab & Go 2-Pack x 8CT each | Fresh, Authentic Flavor, Non-GMO
Product Quick Look
- A stroopwafel (literally "syrup waffle") is a wafer cookie made from two thin layers of baked dough joined by a caramel filling. A stroopwafel is placed over a hot drink such as coffee or tea to warm the cookie up and soften the syrup and make the caramel inside a bit gooey. Of course they are delicious at room temperature as well. Stroopwafels were first made in Gouda (The Netherlands) either during the late 18th century or the early 19th century by bakers repurposing scraps and crumbs by sweetening them with syrup. One story ascribes the invention of the stroopwafel to the baker Gerard Kamphuisen, which would date the first stroopwafels somewhere between 1810, the year he opened his bakery, and 1840, the year of the oldest known recipe for syrup waffles. Stroopwafels were not found outside Gouda until 1870, by which point the city was home to around 100 syrup-waffle bakers. After 1870 stroopwafels began to appear in other cities, and in the 20th century, factory-made stroopwafels were introduced. By 1960, there were 17 factories in Gouda alone, of which four are still open. Today, Stroopwafels are sold at markets, by street vendors, in Coffee shops and in supermarkets, and since 2016 United Airlines has been serving stroopwafels as a breakfast snack on its domestic flights.
- PREMIUM GLUTEN FREE STROOP WAFEL: Experience waffle cookies that just melt in your mouth, have great taste and layered flavors. These delicious syrup filled sweet treats are truly sought after as a snack companion. On the go enthusiasts love it because they deliver needed energy to keep you going, are individually wrapped (2pcs each x 8 packs), and just an ideal size to carry in a pocket, purse and/or backpack.
- CLEAN WHOLESOME INGREDIENTS: Why settle for anything less? Dutch Waffle Company (DWC) Stroopwafels contain wholesome ingredients that are Non-GMO with No artificial anything. Put an end to sacrificing taste for quality, ingredients for performance and fuel for clean label ingredients. We deliver all that and more ... guilt-free.
- AUTHENTIC & FRESH: Bring an authentic European delicacy home. Our premium gluten-free Stroop waffles are made in small batches with a gourmet recipe that hails from experienced Dutch bakers & Connoisseurs, and is produced in North America with the shortest Supply Chain possible. This ensures you are receiving the freshest product possible, ideal for longer shelf life or storage.
- CREATE COMBINATIONS: Ask around and people will tell you that there is almost a ritual to eating these. But you are a creative rebel. Why only dip and dunk? There are endless ways to enjoy a Stroopwafel than with Coffee, Tea and/or a Hot beverage. Create and share new combinations everyday. Have you tried cutting up the wafels in small pieces as ice cream toppings?
- RESPONSIBLY MIDWESTERN: Other than bringing you our mouthwatering dessert creations, we like to use our resources to affect positive change in our surroundings. Our values put people ahead of profits; and your purchase directly enables us to help, through various local and national initiatives, to reduce hunger and food waste. We thank you!
| 9 x 4 x 3 inches; 1.04 Pounds
| Dutch Waffle Company
|#20 in Waffles
Write Your Own Review