Sony Cybershot DSCW80 7.2MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom and Super Steady Shot (Silver) (OLD MODEL)
Product Quick Look
- The 7.2-megapixel Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W80 camera captures the magic of life with an advanced Bionz processor that powers new capabilities like Face Detection, in-camera retouching and red-eye reduction, D-Range Optimization, and 9-Point AF. The Sony Double Anti-Blur Solution combines Super SteadyShot optical image stabilization with high-sensitivity (ISO 3200) shooting to capture sharp, clear low-light images without flash to preserve the mood -- and the new HD output lets you share memories with spectacular high-definition clarity and impact on compatible HDTV screens. Cyber-shot DSC-W80 Highlights 7.2-megapixel Super HAD CCD More megapixels give you more detail and definition when you make big prints or crop in tight on your subject. The advanced Sony Super HAD (Hole Accumulated Diode) CCD design allows more light to pass to each pixel, increasing sensitivity and reducing noise. Carl Zeiss 3x optical zoom lens A top-quality Carl Zeiss 3x optical zoom lens design helps the DSC-W80 bring distant subjects closer and lets you frame shots quickly for better composition -- a real advantage for family sports, outdoor fun, and travel photos. Face detection By automatically controlling focus, exposure, color and flash, this new Sony feature reveals faces in shadow, makes skin tones look more natural and eliminates harsh facial glare -- to help bring out every expression on every face in every shot, so youll capture the personalities and emotions that make memories come alive. The Sony Double Anti-Blur Solution With Super SteadyShot optical image stabilization and high sensitivity (ISO 3200), the DSC-W80 compensates for shaky hands, minimizes blur, brightens images, and allows flash-free shooting to preserve the mood -- with Sony Clear RAW Noise Reduction to take care of the picture noise that can ruin low-light shots. HD output Thanks to Sony, your photo album can go high-def -- with direct HD output to compatible HDTV screens, so you can view DSC-W80 still photos in spectacular high definition clarity and detail. Your life never looked so exciting! Note: HD output requires an optional Sony HD connector cable; HDTV sold separately. HD slide show with music Its the high-definition viewing experience that makes photos come alive on compatible HDTV screens, accompanied by your choice of visual effects and any of four preset musical selections stored in memory or your favorite MP3 tunes downloaded from PC to your camera for use as background music. 9-point auto focus Because an off-center subject can make your shot more interesting, the DSC-W80 can measure auto-focus precision at 9 points on your screen -- giving you greater creative freedom to compose your image. D-Range Optimization Powered by the exclusive Sony Bionz high-speed processing engine, D-Range Optimization preserves image data in bright highlights and reveals more detail in shadows or backlit areas -- for great results even in difficult lighting conditions. In-camera retouching The DSC-W80 lets you add creative effects to photos after you shoot -- including soft edge filter to soften backgrounds, cross filter to place starry "dazzles" at highlight points, partial color filter to mute surrounding colors, even fish-eye filter to create interesting fish-eye lens effects. In-camera red-eye reduction Irritating "glowing eyes" can ruin even the most creative photos -- so the DSC-W80 provides in-camera correction at the touch of a button to reduce lingering red-eye effect that other systems might miss. Large 2.5-inch LCD screen The DSC-W80 provides a large, bright LCD screen for composing shots, checking results, sharing your photos on location -- and an optical viewfinder allows shooting in traditional rangefinder camera style. Simple setup controls A touch of the Home button opens your user-friendly GUI -- and you can select functions by simply moving a cursor vertically or horizontally to the appropriate icon. Function names and the on-screen Function Guide display make it easier to learn camera setup operations. 31 MB internal memory The DSC-W80 allows you to capture a large number of images without a flash memory card, so its great for traveling or for quick candid snapshots. Memory Stick Duo Media convenience A built-in slot accepts optional Memory Stick Duo media or Memory Stick Pro Duo media -- the compact, high-capacity storage media that make it easily to upload photos to your computer or make lab-quality prints at home on your Sony Picture Station digital printer (sold separately). 14x Smart Zoom feature The Sony Smart Zoom feature intelligently "crops into" the central portion of interest in your photo, avoiding the image degradation of other digital zooms. MPEG Movie VX Fine Mode Captures VGA (640 x 480) audio/video clips at high frame rate (up to 30 frames per second), with length limited only by the capacity of your media. Stamina battery power The DSC-W80 provides up to 340 shots with a fully charged NP-BG1 Lithium-ion battery -- enough shooting capacity to cover a long weekend or a whole vacation. Picture Motion Browser software Supplied software makes it easier to upload, organize and search photos on your PC -- and provides a convenient map view function to sort photos by location and display their origin on a world map by using an optional GPS unit.
- 7.2-megapixel CCD captures enough detail for photo-quality 15 x 20-inch prints
- Carl Zeiss 3x optical zoom lens; 2.5-inch LCD display
- High Sensitivity Mode (ISO 3200) allows for shooting even in low-light conditions
- In-camera red-eye reduction and retouching functions
- HD output; HD slide show with music feature
|3.58 x 0.91 x 2.28 inches
|Item model number
|1 Lithium ion batteries required.
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer
|Date First Available
|February 28, 2007
Write Your Own Review