YUHO Shirataki Konjac Rice, 8 Pack Inside, Vegan, Low Calorie Food, Gluten Free, Fat Free, Keto Friendly, Low Carbs, Holiday Gifts, Healthy Diet 53.61 Oz (1520 g)
What are Shirataki Konjac Noodles?
As you may guess from the name, shirataki noodles originated in Japan. They are made from the Konjac root, also called White Yam or Devil’s Tongue. They have a gelatinous texture and are a good source of the dietary fiber Glucomannan.
To make the noodles, the Glucomannan fiber is extracted from the Konjac root and mixed with water and limewater. This creates a gelatinous substance called konnyaku which is made into noodle-like or rice-like substances.
The finished noodles are 97% water and 3% indigestible fiber, making it a zero calorie noodle.
These noodles have gained the nickname “Miracle Noodles,” and are completely paleo and calorie-free.
They have virtually no taste on their own but have a slight fish-like smell when packaged wet. This is due to the water they are packaged in and can be easily rinsed off.
- Tip：Konjac deforms in colder temperatures，Do not store it in a low temperature environment.
Are Shirataki Konjac Noodles Healthy?
It would seem like a product like this is too good to be true, but Shirataki noodles live up to their hype.
These noodles are a high-fiber food yet have no calories and no carbohydrates. The Glucomannan fiber in the noodles is a type of viscous fiber (soluble fiber). This is similar to what is found in chia seeds why they can absorb up to 50 times their weight in water.
Prebiotics in Glucomannan Fiber
The viscous fiber in Shirataki noodles is known as a prebiotic, meaning that it is indigestible to humans. It provides no calories or nutrients to human cells, but nourishes good bacteria in the digestive system.
Glucomannan for Weight Loss
Shirataki products and other Glucomannan containing foods are sometimes recommended for weight loss. These foods are no-calorie and high-fiber and are recommended on various types of diets.
Glucomannan as a Resistant Starch
Glucomannan is a great source of resistant starch and an incredibly easy way to incorporate this into the diet.
LOW CARB RICE WITH CILANTRO AND LIME
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan and add the onion. Sauté until the onion has softened.
- Add the broth and bring to the boil. Add the drained rice, and turn off the heat. Leave for five minutes.
- Drain the rice, then return it to the pan. Add salt, pepper and jalapeños (if using), and dry fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice and chopped cilantro, then serve.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- 8 fl oz vegetable or chicken broth
- 14 oz (2 bags) Konjac Rice rinsed and drained
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tbs lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- jalapeño slices optional
Product Quick Look
- [DIETARY FRIENDLY]: Shirataki noodles are approved for these special diets: Keto, Paleo, Certified Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan, Kosher, Blood Sugar-Friendly.
- [HEALTHY NOODLES]: Low-carb, 0 fat,0 sugars, you can enjoy the classic dishes you know and love. They contain zero calories and less than 3 gram of carbohydrates.
- [PROMOTES HEALTHY]: Konjac-based pasta, YUHO konjac noodle promotes healthy weight loss with a delicious food staple that's only 5 calories per serving. Available in angel hair, fettuccini and rice. People has embraced konjac as a healthy, affordable ingredient. It has been welcomed into sophisticated mainstream dining.
- [LIGHT BUT FULFILLING]: It's similar to ramen, as far as taste goes, they are very mild-tasting, which means that they're perfect for adding spices to and creating whatever dish you dream of.
- [QUALIFIED PRODUCT GUARANTEES YOUR FOOD SAFETY WHILE ENJOYING GLOBAL CUISINE] - Shirataki pasta has fulfilled the qualification of FDA, CFIA, AQIS, EFSA and other importers of food standards for production, through the CIQ, which is the formal inspection of exports. Also, it managed to meet up with safety standard (ISO22000, HACCP HALAL certificated factory).
- LOVE IT OR WE BUY IT - We don’t think you should pay for products that you don’t love. If you aren’t enjoying our products, simply let us know and we will refund your order - it’s as easy as that!
| 8 x 2.8 x 5.5 inches; 3.35 Pounds
| Hong Kong Sungiven International Food Co., Limited.
|#5 in Shirataki Noodles