Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Spinaccio t1_j8xx1ns wrote

You need to have a licensed electrician inspect the work, then pull a permit and redo anything that is not up to code. They are generally allowed to self-inspect, so the city won’t send their inspector for a small amount of work by a licensed person. The issue is your insurance. If you suffer a fire your insurance company absolutely will send an inspector, and if they see your work and you don’t have a permit and inspection, your insurance will not pay, even if your work had nothing to do with the fire.


sadpanda___ t1_j8y2bfj wrote

Unless they modified something in the breaker box, this is ridiculous to think you have to pull a permit to re-wire some crap in your house.