Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Foxodroid t1_itr1hpb wrote

Are they edible? We could be solving two crises at once lol


chriswhoppers t1_itr24md wrote

Yes, look at the first link. Oyster mushrooms are edible, and mushrooms convert compost (or waste) into chitin and other cellular structures of the mushroom body. Scientists used to believe that it would make you sick to eat the mushrooms that decompose toxic items, now it has been proven false up to an extent. If I remember correctly from years ago