Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

kyle_spectrum t1_j7dbsib wrote

You don't ger reciprocity. Having and out of state license allows you to go to any town in RI. This means you can go to a more 2a friendly town and get a permit.


SaltyNewEnglandCop t1_j7i375q wrote

Under 11-47-11, you can only choose another town beyond the town you reside in if you have “bona fide business” in that town.

So you can’t cherry pick your towns like you cherry pick a doctor to give you Vicodin.


kyle_spectrum t1_j7i4sgb wrote

Yes you can lol people are doing it through foster that don't live in foster. All you have to have is an out of state license.


SaltyNewEnglandCop t1_j7if6i6 wrote

“license or permit to carry a pistol or revolver concealed upon his or her person issued by the authorities of any other state or subdivision of the United States, issue a license or permit to the person to carry concealed upon his or her person a pistol or revolver everywhere within this state for four (4) years from date of issue, if it appears that the applicant has good reason to fear an injury to his or her person or property or has any other proper reason for carrying a pistol or revolver, and that he or she is a suitable person to be so licensed”

And I can assure you, there aren’t a whole lot of people doing this out of Foster. And regardless of a permit elsewhere, you still need to show need here.