Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

kingtitty101 t1_itpkpi6 wrote

I work for the treasury department. I think they know how to set up payroll correctly lol.


adepssimius t1_itpq77v wrote

> Generally speaking, when you pay a remote employee, you pay the local taxes in the state where the employee works.

> If your employee works in the same state your company is registered in, you’ll withhold state income taxes and pay state unemployment insurance (SUI) tax in this state. You may also need to withhold local income tax from their paycheck.

> What about remote employees working in different states?

> Your company will need to register with the tax agencies (state and possibly local) in each state it has remote employees. You may also need to register with the labor/unemployment agencies in each locale too.

> You’ll then be required to withhold taxes in the states where your employees work.