Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

boltman1234 t1_iy4i6f9 wrote

Ideally you got written verification of the debt within 30 days. If not wait for them to sue you then sue them back.

Log a complaint to CFPB's complaint database


JesseB342 OP t1_iy4inqr wrote

I didn’t get anything since the debt isn’t mine. It’s some strangers that just happened to have my cell number years ago. Once you cancel your cell service your number goes into a queue and gets assigned again to another person when they start new service. So the person they’re trying to reach hasn’t had this number in at least two years. I’ve explained this to the collection reps half a dozen times but they’re either too inept to fix it or they just don’t care.


[deleted] t1_iy4rrsv wrote

They don't care. I have the same situation. Every six months or so the person who had my number before me debt's are resold and the new collectors call.


boltman1234 t1_iy4j5jp wrote

File the complaint to the database. Read your rights, if you feel they were violated then find a lawyer willing to take on the case.