Fantastic_Nebula_835 t1_j47wa3b wrote

Yeah, my dad was a bare knuckle guy. 95% of the time my older sister took the hits to protect us. I took the other 5%. It was tied to his binge drinking and what we suspect was bipolar disorder. Ironically, he didn't believe in corporal punishment. It was just random. My mom was diagnosed with severe borderline personality disorder and malignant narcissism. They were exhausting to take care of growing up. I was lucky, though. Over the years, my friends, their families, and many of my teachers became my family.