lildobe t1_j13atyt wrote

You should also search for your Parents' and Grandparents', by both married and maiden names.

Unclaimed money for deceased persons can be claimed by the executor of the estate, with proof of executorship and a death certificate.

And if you, yourself, are married or have changed your name for other reasons, don't forget to search by your previous name. When you file a claim in that case, you will need proof of name change documentation from the courts.