oxfordclubciggies t1_j24mdku wrote

Unless it's a much older car, the "cover" is part of the tail light assembly. It's all one sealed piece and the whole assembly will need replaced. As others have said, if you post the make/year/model of the vehicle we can probably direct you to a replacement part and instructions or even a you tube video showing you how to replace it yourself for WAY cheaper than any shop will do it.